National Centre For Non Destructive Testing
To be a centre of excellence with emphasis on national relevance and international recognition for activities related to Non Destructive Testing Technology.
Utilization of Non Destructive Testing Technology to its maximum potential with reference to enhancing the quality in a cost effective manner for socio-economic development of the country.
Sri Lanka Atomic Energy Board (SLAEB) has initiated a project to establish a National Centre for Non Destructive Testing (NCNDT) for the enhancement of Quality and Productivity in Industrial sector.
SLAEB, during the past 30 yeras, through establishment of this technology in the country, has provided inspection services to government and private sector industries, trained, qualified and certified NDT personnel up to level 3 qualification. Many trained NDT personnel are serving the country and while some have found lucrative employment overseas.
The main objective of the NCNDT project is to establish a National Centre for NDT having well equiped accredited laboratories to increase the incorporation of NDT methods into the production process and create skilled professional in the field as per international standards. This centre facilitated industries as well as trainees who wish to obtain necessary services in NDT.
The centre will facilitate new scientist and innovators in the society.Exporters as well as importers who wish to improve the quality of their products will be able to obtain certificates on quality from this centre.
NCNDT has implemented its Non Destructive Testing (NDT) programme since last two and half decades in the country. NCNDT provides NDT training and qualification as per ISO 9712 standard in RT, UT, MT, PT and ET. These training courses are conducted at three separate levels as Level I, Level II and Level III.
In addition, the NCNDT is providing NDT inspection services to government and private sector industries.
The NDT training activities and laboratories are to be accredited as per ISO 17024 and ISO 17025 respectively.
- Training of NDT personnel at various levels
- Certification of NDT personnel at various levels
- Provisions of NDT services
- NDT in civil engineering sector
- Welder qualifications
- Application of other NDT technologies such as Visual Testing, Leak Testing, Acoustics Emission, Vibration Monitoring, Strain Gauging and Thermography.
- Application of advanced NDT techniques such as Digital Radiography, Computer Tomography and Phased Array Ultrasonic testing.
- Carry-out research on NDT combing with universities and similar educational institutes.
The NCNDT is ready to serve as service centre for the NDT community in the country.
- Training of NDT Personnel.
- NDT Inspection Services.
- Certification of NDT Personnel.
- Industrial Training